We are now open for essential dental care. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work to accommodate all our existing patients, while also attending to patients who require emergency care. Prior to entering our office and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, patients and employees will be expected to answer questions as per the College of Dental Surgeons of BC and WorkSafe BC. Any answer indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or having signs and/or symptoms, will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14-day quarantine requirement.
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR VALUED STAFF, PATIENTS, AND COMMUNITY
- Public and workplace safety is our top priority.
- Employees are screened every day and those who feel ill or have a fever will be asked to stay at home and self-isolate.
- Patients and employees will refrain from shaking hands.
- Patients or employees who have any cold or flu-like symptoms, have travelled outside BC within the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who is ill, are not permitted into our office.
- Everyone who enters our office must have their temperature taken and confirm they are symptom free from Covid-19.
- Everyone must follow strict hand hygiene using hand sanitizer or washing their hands with soap and water upon arrival.
- We will provide patients with a mask that must be worn at all times, unless otherwise instructed
- Patients will be expected to respect the sanitation and hygiene standards and processes within the premises.
OUR ‘NEW’ ENVIRONMENT
- Our safety and sanitization procedures will meet or exceed all provincial, local and regulatory guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene.
- Safety plexiglass shields are strategically installed at our front desk. We are taking measures to ensure physical distancing wherever possible or to wear a mask if physical distancing is not possible.
- We are limiting access to our waiting room. Only those scheduled for an appointment will be allowed in the waiting room. *for special circumstances please discuss with front desk while making appointment*
Along with the recommended Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) guidelines already set out for Dental Health Care Providers, these additional measures are being taken in our office to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- 5 Surgically Clean Air Purifiers throughout the clinic
- The use of negative air pressure in our enclosed operatories
- Disinfecting of high contact surfaces multiples times a day
- Usage of advanced PPE during dental treatments